Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rock-afire Explosion!


When I was a little girl I spent many Friday nights at Showbiz Pizza Place. I played lots of Ms. Pac Man, Spy Hunter and Whac-a-Mole. I played these games very poorly, mind you, but I loved to play, sweat, get angry when I lost and then gorge on pizza in the dining room. Not only would I eat pizza, but I would be soothed by the sounds of Billy Bob and the Rock-afire Explosion.

via

I loved that animatronic band! And now I love them even more...a very clever man, named Chris Thrash, grew up watching the same band as a young boy in Columbus GA. Fast forward 25 years to the present day and he actually has a Rock-afire Explosion band of his very own! Not only does he have all the members, but he has programmed them to perform such hits as MGMT's "Electric Feel", the White Stripe's "Conquest" and Madonna's "4 Minutes". He has posted many of these videos on YouTube and is causing quite a sensation. It is truly amazing and I really think I want the Rock-afire Explosion to play my next birthday party! You can read more about Chris and his hip, robotic band in the newest issue of Spin magazine. The article is online here and now, enjoy a few of the following masterpieces:






No comments: