Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Blood Suckers vs. Brain Eaters

I don't know about you guys, but I am OVER vampires. O.V.E.R.  I still love and always will love Buffy the Vampire Slayer and as far as I'm concerned that is the only vampire universe that I need.  I don't need Twilight (a vampire that gets all glittery in the sunlight instead of immediately bursting into flames?  that is just stupid) or The Vampire Diaries.  I've seen the first season of True Blood and I'm looking forward to the next one, but it still pales in comparison (no pun intended) to my girl Buffy.

image link

It seems that the newest trend is zombies.  I saw 28 Days Later when it came out in the theater and thought it was pretty good.  Now The Walking Dead is on AMC and I am loving it!  I was wondering how they would be able to make a continuing series about brain-eating dead people, but so far it is holding my interest and leaving me wanting more.  Not to mention the special effects are incredible...and disgusting.

This chick has definitely seen better days.  

But in light of this zombie phenom that we are currently experiencing, I am enthralled with these beautifully grotesque creations from Jessica Harrison.  At first glance they look like figurines that my grandmother may have kept in her curio cabinet, but upon closer inspection they are seriously disturbing and Grandma would have nothing to do with them.




She has many more creations on her website.  Check them out here!

No comments: