Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I'd rather eat smores.

I'm not a big fan of camping, although I am a big fan of fashionable camping gear (see my previous camping post). One of several reasons that I am not the outdoorsy type is the lack of good food options that you can take with you into the wilderness (not to mention the absence of indoor plumbing and my pillow top bed). Well, there is a company that is trying to change all that, but to be honest, I'm not sold. Katadyn is based in Switzerland and has developed 3 unique food items that can be thrown in your Patagonia backpack for a fine dining experience at 3000 feet. For the main course, how about a cheeseburger? OUT OF A CAN!!!

Just add the can to boiling water and voila...who's the Burger King now?

Then for dessert, how about a little chocolate mousse?

Delicious, right?

And to wash it all down? A glass of powdered red wine.

Classy.

Since these items won't take up much room in your pack, you should have space for the fine china. If you're gonna do it, you oughta do it right. Right?

1 comment:

Curious Steven. said...

I was roaming through random blogs when i stumbled onto yours, and i must say, i like you already. Your little bit of info about yourself is really interesting, and better still, you have written one heck of a great blog post.
It's very interesting and even more so well-written.
I could read your posts all day.
Kudos.