Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hey there, Georgie James girl

I have recently dedicated some time to discovering new music. For the longest time I would listen to whatever my boyfriend at the time was into or what my best friends might play while we would be out and about. But now, at the young age of 35, I've started to actually seek out new bands on my own and I am really falling in love with music again. One such musical crush is the Chicago-based band, Georgie James. Laura Burhenn's vocals are beautiful and John Davis (formerly of the Dischord band, Q and not U) complements her flawlessly. I'm definitely no music journalist, so I just suggest you just check out their myspace page here...Georgie James!



And, if you are here in Boston join me at their show tomorrow night at Great Scott. I can't wait and I hope to see you there!
Great Scott